Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The physical change....

It's most commonly known and heard that women are never satisfied with the way their bodies look. I can honestly say that I have been a member of that crew. However when your body changes drastically due to medication I'm not so sure it's quite the same. My body has changed a lot in the past few months... Here's my list:
- The obvious change was my hair falling out every day.
- Taking steroids increased my weight by 15-20 lbs in a month
- My tongue changed colors ( from pink to a black color)
- My nails turned black on the base of each nail (fingers and toes)
- I have a scar that runs the complete length of my back. (my zipper)
- My face had extremely horrible acne
- I lost my eyebrows and nose hair
- My skin is incredible dry ALL OVER
- The skin on my neck and back has peeled off (sort of like Michael Jackson)
- At one point using the bathroom was extremely hard. (#2 that is)
- I'm still dealing with the fact that my mind and my bladder aren't on the same page.
( I go to the bathroom like my little brother and sister)
***Last but the best part of chemo is that I no longer get a monthly visit. :-)

Hard days are the ones when you look in the mirror and literally hate everything you see. The moment you realize thar you no longer look the same. I have learned to enjoy my inner beauty more and more each day. Truth be told hair is only a decoration nothing more.

3 comments:

  1. It's true that you do not see yourself as others see you. I wish you could see your beautiful face as I do. xoxoxox...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise

    This is a late post...but reading this again I wanted to comment. When I saw u on Christmas Eve I thought you looked soooo cute!!! You didn't have a stich of hair and you were too cute! You have the face that can really carry that off.

    You don't see what we see! You have beauty inside and out. Don't change....

    Much Love
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our beauty lies in the knowledge we have gained through cancer. The lives we will touch and the wisdom we have to carry on in our lives.
    You are beautiful...more beautiful than ever!
    Always your chemo mom,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete