Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bad days like these....

I can honestly say that I wish that I could get over this "sick" feeling but it just keeps coming back to me. Yesterday, I had to do so much work for my classes that I pushed myself every minute. When I woke up yesterday, I knew that I would be a bad day but I was determined to be like everyone else. I walked into my class at 1:30pm and I realized that I would up chuck any time soon. I continued to keep my mind off of the pain in my side and my back but I knew the rest of the day would be bad.  I have a 20 minute worrying bell before I have to throw up, so I knew that I had to talk to my professor in my next class. I waited until she got there, when she got there I realized that I only had about 5 minutes (My face was red and sweating). I call Dr z to make sure she was in the office because I knew that I was NOT GOING TO MAKE another minute without feeling sick. I ran to the bathroom on the 9th floor and just like I thought, it all came out.

The hardest part is that I get so upset with the fact that I am sick. I just want to be somewhat the same way I use to be. The problem is I push myself way too hard to be somewhat "normal." I am so grateful for the people who know that I have no limit for myself because they jumped in without missing a single beat.

Today, I still have the pain in my side and I am extremely exhausted. However, I did finish my homework last night and I finished the assignments that are due tomorrow. I went to class this morning also. I work so hard some times that I don't realize that I have pushed way too far. But I would rather push too hard than not push at all.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever" - Lance Armstrong

5 comments:

  1. I honestly can say I am soooo proud to call you friend! Through all this you kept a great attitude, you go class when you dont even feel where as some people dont come to class because and random thing. Wow, you are amazing! You are an inspiration to me. I love you and if you need anything....ANYTHING im here. I am so glad I can call you friend,sister,mentor, and role model. Continue to be Blessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray mightily for you every day. Stay strong. You can make it through this. Satan keeps trying to attack your body but guess what? GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE. "GREATER IS HE THAT IS WITHIN ME....."

    MUCH LOVE,
    RESSA

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is times like this that I realize I was just the vessel GOD used to bring you here. You CONSTANTLY amaze me!!! Love and miss you madly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom... Everything that I know I learned from you. :-)

    Love you so much,
    D. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes less is more. Love yourself enough to take care of yourself. Taking care of yourself is doing what is best for you and many times pushing is not what is best.

    ReplyDelete