Friday, April 22, 2011

My pursuit of happiness....

Like I've said once before, having cancer should place me in a group of people that can complain and look for the sympathy card where ever I go. But quite honestly, I would like to say that it is complete opposite. I have been given a chance to see how powerful and how amazing God truly is for His children. He has given me the chance to see what he truly has in store for everyone when they give Him the keys to your journey here on earth.

I would like to say that I have found the joy in the little things in life. I have been given the ability to appreciate every single day and the small lights that they bring to us. For example, I walked into the Cancer Care center here in town to pick up a script, I was at least a generation younger than everyone in the room. As eyes locked on to me with pure shock and confusion, I smiled and spoke to everyone in the room. As the women shook their heads and the men just stared, I sat there excited to be in a room full of small minded individuals. I am concerned a "kiddo", a "young one", or every time they see my birthday it puts them into shock.

I honestly, I think about the children down in Indianapolis at St. Jude's hospital who haven't even had the chance to do everything that I have. The children who have never been to Disney World or even been on a plane in their lives. Those are the cancer patients that I feel sorry for some times but then I realize that God has a plan in every one's life and He has a great plan for those children. So I wish that some people would see it that way versus the "horrible disease" that cancer is.

I can't express how HAPPY I am to have this disease at 25 years old, I have had the chance to see how much so many wonderful people care about me. I have had the chance to see how strong and capable I am. I have had the chance to see how completely amazing and beautiful I am when I am completely unable to walk, stand or eat. I have an amazing personality that is so kind, caring, giving, compassionate, and heartfelt that I don't have to change who I am but understand who other people are. I am extremely happy with everyday that comes my way and I feel as if those who don't understand it need to find a better way of thinking because there is NOTHING wrong with me.

All that I ask those who read my blog to do is NEVER fall  victim to your circumstances, everything that you do when things get hard/ rough will show everyone how incredibly beautiful you are. Work on what people can't change, your soul and your spirit.

With All My Love and Respect

3 comments:

  1. Denise,
    Thank you for being so positive. It just amazes me how strong and courageous you are. You look at everything with a positive attitude, no matter what the circumstances.

    You are truly a special person.

    May God continue to shower you with infinite blessings....

    Much Love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just love your spirit! Man, more people need to take a course from you Dr. I love you, peace & so many blessings

    ReplyDelete