Friday, May 20, 2011

Medical Bills and distress

If any of you have been in the hospital, you know what it is like to have the medical bills come in the mail. I have had my few share of bills come through in my life, well as of recently I do. I have gotten to the point to feel like I am better off dead then I am alive. The bills are so expensive and there seems to be so many of them. Granted I am blessed to have insurance, however the insurance does not cover everything. I have had the joys of debt collectors calling my cell phone everyday. It is extremely exhausting mentally. Its one of those things that has the way of making your day change completely. I have no idea what I need to learn from this situation but all I want to do is either win the lottery or have the end of the world come soon then later. No matter what anyone says to me about the bill collectors, I know that its not worth the amount of stress that they bring. Its one thing to be in debt because you decided to buy unnecessary things on a credit card but its another when the debt is to "save" your life. Makes you think differently about life. I don't know what to do about my emotions and the things that I don't know what to do. :-/ 

3 comments:

  1. F@*& all of those gd bills. You know I know what you are talking about... Bills are still coming in the mail for Odis and it has been almost 2 yrs.

    To me the health care providers are scam artists. They know how to bill you 2-3 ways for the same services. I learned not to pay until the bill went to collections and I still didn't pay sometimes.

    It is a damn shame that people with catastrophic illnesses have to be bothered with the insurance companies, medical bills, and all of that bullshit!

    When the collectors call you don't answer or hang up. You don't have time for that right now. You have to concentrate on getting better... When they send stuff in the mail toss it to the side or put it in the garbage. They will send it again....believe me.

    Don't even try to figure out the bills right now. It's a full time job!!!

    Much Love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's another reason to consider clinical trials. Most of them are free...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bills/debt can stress you out like nothing else. It's not fair, you are fighting for your life and have to deal with bill collectors. I'll start playing the lotto in your honor:-)

    ReplyDelete