Monday, May 23, 2011

The Strength behind the Smile and the tears...

I don't care what anyone says to me about anything that has happened to me and my emotions as a cancer patient, call me emotional unstable with a bunch of mood swings. I can honestly say that I am happy when I take the time to cry and let people in now. I have no guard when it comes to being emotional with the people in my life, well with those who truly care. I will be open with everything that I feel. I believe that who I am today can only be seen as a weak individual but when I look at myself in the mirror with tears in my eyes all I can see is the blessing that God has given me. Whether it be another day to learn or another day to see the beauty that God has here on this earth for me to see. I know that nothing but a smile and a few tears won't change the ideas of people who have never had the chance to see death, but I can tell you I am so blessed to be able to express myself the way that I have learned lately. I am more than just the individual that I once was but I am better than I have been in the past. Solely based on the fact that I am capable of seeing the world just a little brighter and a little bit more happier. Quietly, I sit in a room full of green and I never feel alone or by myself. I am lucky to have a special friend that walks with me in every single second. I have a strong, loving, forgiving, understanding God that is there with me. I can honestly say that I am sad that I have to spend this hard time alone with out a "significant other" but I am blessed to have a group of people who can see my beauty and my strength with everyday that I wake up and complete the simple tasks of the day. With every step I remember the day I almost lost the ability to walk, every mile ran brings the JOY of another miracle in my life.

By the way: I have decided to start training for another half-marathon in December. I would like to run in Nashville's Half-marathon for St. Jude's Hospital. I would like your support with encouragement and even a few miles ran with me. :-)

3 comments:

  1. You have become such a strong, strong person. You can truly see God's work, God's beauty that He created in this world.

    I have been a nurse for a very, very,very long time and have seen people with various illnesses and how they deal with them.

    You are exceptional. You continue to see the beauty in everything and continue to try and help others whatever the case may be.

    I can see why you are one of God's beautifully picked flowers...

    As for running a few miles....girl please....I just can run a few steps (hahaha)

    Much Love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll run w/ you, EBONYta. I just pledged to lose 50 lbs at pfpchallenge
    it matches lb for lb to local food bank, but it's only open thru 5-31 I KNOW you don't need to lose weight, but I sure do!
    the ACS coordinator called yesterday to check on you, and I told her you were still trying to decide. I wish you would at least get a free second opinion from the medical staff at Issels- even if you don't go there, you would at least have some more info. I'm Stage II and I got four second opinions. I will wait to hear from you before I spend any more time, but I am working on helping some other survivors until I hear from you. Wishing you luck and if you're up to the run in Nashville in December, I'll start with you. I jog-running's too hard on this old lady's knees and feet!
    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I'll run it too. I will sign up.

    ReplyDelete