Thursday, May 26, 2011

The living will conversation...

Most of my older readers know what a living will is and most of my younger readers think it's shocking to have one at 25. However, I have to have a living will due to the fact that I don't know at any point of time I will need someone to speak up for me. I had to develop a will because my mother lives 700 miles away, in which I would rather have her make the decision on what will happen in a really bad situation. Unfortunately, I'm not absolutely sure that my father has a clear enough vision of what to do next. He may become guilty versus doing what I have asked for. So I had to complete my documents today. It was funny having a conversation with one of my peers, he asked me what was in the folder, I said "my living will," very causally. He looks like a deer in headlights. I laugh and say I have to have one due to the fact that my parents don't live close and sometimes don't get along. He start to chuckle neverously. Then states "my father just finished my grandfather's." HAHA, well he tried and I appreciate it. Oh well, it's another situation that has become a life lesson that I can help teach my other friends when things like this happen to them. :-) I'm so glad that I had Meghan around to help guide me in the right direction. It's something that I really needed to hear from her. Although, I was really recluntant to hear it at the time. It was heard Megs and it sunk in. ;-) Anywho, I'm glad it's done because I'm sure my dad will be giving me a heart attack tomorrow when he comes to visit. HAHAHA jk

3 comments:

  1. So your dad is coming? That's good. I just hope it is a good visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were smart to do that. Everyone should have a living will. You never know what situations may present itself... I need to do the same.

    With the visit, remember to stay calm. You can't change the past but you must forgive for your sake. Then that heavy burden will be lifted and you can move on. That's too much negativity in your life. Let it go so you can heal....

    Much love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my copy today--- mixed feelings. Glad for the vote of confidence, hope to live up to the task. May God grant me HALF the strength and integrity you have shown since diagnosis.:)

    ReplyDelete