Saturday, May 7, 2011

A few GREAT friends...

I've always been the type of person didn't have very many friends. The reason for that was because I have been the type of person that believes that your friends are a reflection of who you are. The common phrase "You are the company you keep." or the phrase "Are you happy with your five closest friends?" If not then maybe you should consider looking for new friends or identifying something's within yourself. With that being stated, I have had the chance to look at ALL my friends in a completely different way. Some things I learned about them I wasn't excited to see but with others I got a chance to see within them true sense of strength and care. I can say I am extremely amazed with my friends. I had 2 friends who cut off their hair in honor of my beautiful "Mr. Clean" look a like contest. In which one of those friends allowed me to cut it off. I had friends fly up to send an extend weekend with me in a hospital. I've had friends go out of their way to be in the right hospital at the right time every time I was admitted. The same friend went to an uncomfortable party with statisticians. I've had a friend who drove a constant 2 hours just to watch me sleep for hours when sick. This same friend has made me dinner and has been to WAY to many doctors appointments. This friend can easily be said to be my youngest mom that I love more than I may express. I've had a friend who has freaked out after the news being announced, then when a little crazy came back down and then found a way to come to apologize to me. I've had friends who have taken me into their house when being extremely busy and overwhelmed with life in general. The friend made me and my family and friends feel extremely comfortable. In which this same friend I can consider a mom figure as well. I've had a friend who may have learned a lot about themselves and grown a lot as an individual. The friend has been to WAY too many doctors appointments and has truly been there when things got bad. I have a friend who realized the power in being true to their word and took me to the barbershop and got their hair cut just along with me as I freaked out about mine falling out. I have a really amazing friend who I believe is an amazing woman for traveling 2 hours both ways to be the one to sleep on the floor and be a great room organizer. Along with the others a great mother figure for me during this time. I have gained a truly fantastic friend who is extremely funny and self aware. Who has the ability to directly relate to me and my situation. A woman with an amazing ability to care for someone else with her last bit of energy. I've got a friend who has been to the hospital to play cards and fish world with me before and after 12 long hour shifts. And those who still treatment like a friend at school even when they know what's wrong. They don't understand how much I really appreciate the same amount of normality.

With all the good friends, there are a few friends who haven't been around much after things got really bad with me. A friend who I put a lot of confidence in during the earliest days of my treatment. A friend who I had a lot of expectations that were too high and I soon realized a part of a friend that I'm not comfortable about being around anymore. But a true lesson has been learned but this situation.

I have gain a true appreciation for each everyone in my life both good and bad which I can not ask for anything more. Thank you may not be enough words for this situation but I hope the keychains and the bracelets help. :-) THANKS GUYS!!
Thanks Chris!!! I really appreciated this :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you have a few great friends. You know the saying,

    Make new friends, but keep the old
    One is silver and the other's gold...

    Hope you forever keep the silver and gold ones.

    Much Love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete