Monday, May 9, 2011

Hair, Hair, everywhere!!!

If you know anything about cancer and chemo, you know that most people lose their hair. Well some people go into a relatively crazy state of mind when their hair falls out. There are others deal with it as a part of being a cancer patient. Confidently, I can say that I was one of the latter. I was really unmoved or directly related to the moment when my hair started to fall out. I am extremely confident in the fact that my hair doesn't define who I am and the amount of beauty I have. I really wish that other women without a deadly disease could see that our beauty lies much more deeper than the length, texture, and color of our hair. Anyway with that being said, I can say that I have been blessed enough to have the ability to grow my hair back. It's growing back very quickly considering I was completely bald just 2 months ago. With every blessing there is some sort of collateral damage that comes with it. Here is a funny story for you:

My mother and I were getting dressed to go out for dinner and a movie for Mother's day. As I step out of the shower with just a tank top on, she turns to me and says "Have you always been this hairy?" I say to her "I can't remember its been so long ago. I blame chemo brain." She then replies to me "well your back has A LOT of hair on it." 


HAHA as I thought about how embarrassing it is to have a hairy back but when you don't have any hair anywhere else, I guess it's nice to have hair anywhere. HAHA!! Either way, I would like to say that things could be a lot worse no hair and died or a hairy back and a full life ahead of me, I believe that I will take the latter. :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Hair does not define beauty.

    With one of my marriages I had long hair and my then husband didn't want me to cut it. He wanted to sleep with "long hair." So I cut it and had the stylist put the cut hair in a long ponytail. I brought the ponytail home and gave it to my husband and told him, "Here, now you can sleep with long hair anytime you want."

    That was about 10 years ago...I have never let my hair grow long again...

    ReplyDelete