Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weight loss and the amazing shrinking stomach...

Well good morning to everyone!! Just a quick update I started my first summer class in over two years!! I'm excited to be back at school and I intend on taking this class like I've never been sick before in my life. :-) No judgments of being too harsh on myself. I just want to be consistently moving and keeping my mind running from chemo brain.

Anyway, I've been losing weight at an unlikely rate. I have tried to consume food but it just haven't been working out for me. I eat at least once a day but the portion sizes are extremely too much for me right now. :-( I've eaten my way through Atlanta but not as much as I use to eat. Everywhere we went I had to take home my food. I actually like eating good food but it just doesn't seem to be working out lately. I think I need to buy a feeding tube or something. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Marynol Rx will help your pain AND your appetite! You should have NO trouble getting 10mg capsules from your pharmacy. Call your doc for an Rx. IU Rx mailed mine monthly.Keeping your weight up is VERY important, and is one of the FUN side effects of the big C, as is Marynol!
    love, Rachel
    P.S. please check your email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to talk about medicine but Megace is an appetite stimulant. Usual dose is 400 mg. If your doctor orders it ask him to order the liquid not the concentrate. The liquid is a lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about those watches with the timers on it to remind you to eat a meal/snack? Have you tried that yet? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete