Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 2 of Sarcoma Awareness Month

Soft tissue sarcoma usually present as a soft tissue mass without any pain. Symptoms may occur in and around the joints, causing swelling and tenderness. Bone tumors can weaken the bones, causing bone pain and fractures. Symptoms usually do not show up until the disease is advanced, but a doctor should be contacted regarding the following symptoms: a new or growing lump appears, increasing abdominal pain, and/or blood in stools or in vomit.

My tumor started in my liver and then metastasized to my spinal cord. My tumor rapped around my spine and should have caused me more weakness in my lower extremities. Once the tumor grew on my spine, I had major surgery to remove it.

I'm so blessed to have God on my side. I know He has a higher power for me. He showed me the day I was dignosed. Positivity makes the hard days shorter and the rough moments easier. I hope you can learn something from me.

Support Sarcoma Awareness Month!! Wear something yellow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping to educate everyone. Just another one of your strong points!! Will continue to wear my yellow....

    Much Love,
    Ressa

    ReplyDelete