Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Purdue Cancer Support Group...

Good news people... I'm really excited that I had a chance to sit down with a let's say... A big wig at Purdue who makes a lot of decisions with fundraising. She made a lot of effort to look into making a great strides to starting a group for young survivors here at Purdue. Many don't know but the amount of young adults with cancer has increased in the last few years, if we can get some sort of funding to start a group with scholarships and grants for those in either remission or those in the middle of treatment. We will also make great strides to form a support and safe haven for those who have questions about their friends, family, and education. I'm really excited to start this group at Purdue. I hope to encourage those who are afraid to talk about their disease will talk about it. I really hope to make a difference on campus. For those of you who would like to support us it would be great!! We need fundraising ideas and bodies to help do physical labor and get the word out. For those who know someone who was diagnosed at a young age and would like to get involved please feel free to have them contact me!!

I'm so elated to make someone's life a little easier. Making the world a better place one person at a time. I may have just found my calling. Thank you so much God for these abilities.

Always remember to wear YELLOW and support the sarcoma awareness month. Send your pictures of yellow attire my wonderful readers!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment