Sunday, June 5, 2011

If it's one thing I've learned about people

I can tell you this... if it's one thing that I've learned about people from the last few months, it's the fact that we all have flaws and short comings. We tend to be very defensive and stand offish because of being afraid of what the next person may perceive as a weakness. We have failed to realize the strength and wonderful attributes that we ALL have when you give someone all of who you are. There is something so beautiful and amazing when you can see an individual grow and change from a simple conversation. A golden rule to "treat others the way you would like to be treated," has been mostly missed used in order to allow people to be more genuine and nice. However in actuality we fail to look at the fact that when we treat others the way we want to be treated with our emotions and feelings we get to see our true selves. I may be just a young adult with only 25 years under my belt but I have come to realize the true beauty when you can open your heart to someone. It's much more amazing to...just...be...you. Giving up the misconception that we have to be "strong" by no crying in front of one another or being afraid to have a bad day because of the way people may perceive you. I don't know much but I do know that I have learned a lot about people. The true testament is to see how far you are willing to go when you don't know what is next. Giving yourself the opportunity to grow and become a better person for the hardships in life. I can say this with much of my heart, I pray for all the people I know but I can say that I pray more for those individuals who are afraid to try and those who have never struggled in their lives.

Please learn to love people for who they are, whether good, bad, or ugly. No one is perfect and those who haven't had the chance to see the ugly, I say good luck when ugly looks you in the face for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment